The ever-changing federal, state and local employment laws and regulations can make the everyday management of a business daunting for an employer, whether you’re hiring your first employee or building your business team.
Employment laws cover everything from wage and hour matters to preventing discrimination, harassment and retaliation in the workplace to protecting businesses from unfair competition by former employees.
Richards Rodriguez & Skeith’s employment lawyers recognize the complexity of employment relationships and offer practical advice to achieve our clients’ objectives while reducing the risk of employment litigation.
We can assist clients with a full range of services including:
- advice regarding day-to-day questions that arise under various employment laws
- Wage and hour compliance
- Disciplining and terminating employees
- Medical leave and workplace accommodations
- drafting and negotiation of employment-related agreements, including non-disclosure and non-competition agreements
- revising and drafting policies and procedures
- conducting and assisting with internal investigations
- assisting with external administrative agency audits
- discrimination and sexual harassment training
- representation in employment-related litigation
Employment Litigation and Administrative Matters
When employment disputes cannot be avoided, finding an attorney with the right experience and training can make all the difference. Richards Rodriguez & Skeith’s labor and employment team has a depth of experience before judges, juries and arbitrators, as well as before administrative agencies, like the U.S. Department of Labor, the Texas Workforce Commission, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (and corollary state and local agencies), and in mediation.
We have represented clients in a wide range of employment litigation matters, including trade secret and non-competition lawsuits, wage and hour collective actions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and discrimination and other wrongful termination lawsuits.