Elizabeth Harris is an experienced trial attorney who has handled everything from complex high stakes litigation to landlord/tenant disputes in JP court. She also advises clients on employment matters. Prior to joining RRS, Elizabeth worked at a full-service business law firm in Houston. She began her legal career at a small litigation boutique where she dealt primarily with plaintiffs and gained valuable experience in employment law.
Elizabeth’s courtroom and trial experience have lent to her skillful approach and the successful outcomes of her cases. Her experience puts her clients at an advantage, whether she’s had months or an hour to prepare.
Elizabeth has successfully tried many cases to verdict and has extensive experience handling temporary injunction hearings, particularly in non-compete and misappropriation of trade secret cases. She is equally adept at handling document-intensive cases. Additionally, she advises many clients on employment issues, ranging from answering day-to-day employment questions to representing clients in administrative proceedings or litigation.
While she will always try to find a resolution for her clients in the early stages of their case, she is never afraid to take a case to trial. Elizabeth understands the stress of litigation and strives to achieve the best possible outcome for her clients.
Elizabeth earned a Bachelors in Business Administration from Texas A&M in 2007 and graduated from South Texas College of Law in 2010. While in law school, Elizabeth was a member of the South Texas Law Review and served as an Articles Editor for the Texas Journal of Business Law. In her spare time, Elizabeth enjoys spending time with her husband and young children. When she isn’t driving her kids to ballet and t-ball practice, she can be probably be found outdoors bird-watching or spending time close to water.
Professional Licenses, Membership, Honors, and Awards
- State Bar of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- Houston Bar Association
- Board Member, re:MIND, a non-profit organization that provides support to individuals or families living with, or affected by depression and bipolar disorders
- Attorney Advisor, Texas Eta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi House Corporation
- Association of Women Attorneys
- Juris Doctor, South Texas College of Law
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Texas A&M University