Patrick Caballero has a wide range of experience as a civil litigator, with particular expertise in business, construction, products liability and premises liability litigation. Patrick has represented a broad array of commercial and industrial clients regarding contract breach and other business torts, leasing and property rights disputes, construction defects, personal injury defense and toxic tort matters. He has trial and appellate experience, having practiced extensively in both state and federal courts.
Early in his career, Patrick served as a briefing attorney at the Texas Supreme Court for the Honorable Harriett O’Neill (2002 – 2003).
Patrick received his undergraduate degree in 1999 from the University of Texas at Austin. Patrick has volunteered in various capacities for the Longhorns, and he currently serves as the president of the U.T. Hispanic Alumni Network. He lives in northwest Austin with his wife and two sons.
Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Texas, Construction Law Section
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Austin Bar Foundation
- Hispanic Bar Association of Austin
- President, 2009 – 2010
- Treasurer, 2006 – 2009
- University of Texas Hispanic Alumni Network
- President, 2020-present
- Scholarship Chair, 2018 – 2020
- Hispanic Contractors Association of Austin
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, with honors, University of Texas School of Law, Austin, 2002
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Texas at Austin, 1999