As a founding partner at Richards Rodriguez & Skeith LLP, Dan Richards is an accomplished trial attorney with significant experience in resolving disputes through negotiation, trial, and arbitration. His clients include large and small businesses, individuals and governmental entities throughout the state of Texas.
Dan’s practice principally focuses on business and contractual disputes. He has previously handled a wide variety of cases ranging from fatalities to corporate dissolutions.
With broad experience in every facet of the civil process from resolving disputes through informal discussion to experience in full jury trial, Dan has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants throughout his career. His experience in preparing successful cases from a variety of perspectives helps him provide accurate analysis to his clients so they can make informed decisions.
Dan’s extensive hands-on experience in the courtroom distinguishes him from other attorneys in his practice area. His common-sense approach to facts and evidence rings true to judges and juries.
As an accomplished attorney, Dan understands the challenges facing business owners and works closely with them to develop effective solutions to their problems. His strengths as an attorney, his personal approachability and his creative intelligence make him an exceptional attorney and resource for business owners in Central Texas.
Living in Austin for his entire adult life with his wife of more than 20 years and two children, Dan has extensive knowledge of Austin’s history and those integral to structuring the city, helping to shape it to become what it is today–a great place to do business.
Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors, and Awards
- State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Super Lawyers ®, 2009 – 2018, Thomson Reuters
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbel, the highest level of professional excellence
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, The University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Business Administration, St. Edwards University
- Bachelor of Arts, Southwest Texas State University
- Successfully defended to a jury local corporation in a bet the company lawsuit brought by former partner
- Successfully defended to a jury national chain in a premises fatality case
- Successfully prosecuted before a jury company for failure to honor its obligation to pay founder
- Successfully defended a municipality in a fatal use of force lawsuit
- Successfully tried to an arbitrator and a judge the only annexation case in Texas in the last 20 years
- Successfully represented elected officials in civil removal proceedings
- Successfully prosecuted before a jury national construction firm for damage to a pipeline
- Successfully defended a national pipeline company against government claims of encroachment.