Dan Richards is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and a Fellow in the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Dan tries cases to juries.
Dan is an accomplished trial attorney with significant experience in resolving disputes through negotiation, trial, and arbitration. He is a founding partner at Richards Rodriguez & Skeith LLP. Dan’s clients include individuals and businesses as well as governmental entities. Dan’s practice principally focuses on business, owner, and contractual disputes. Dan has jury tried bet-the-company cases, including breach of fiduciary duty, construction defect, and wrongful death.
Dan’s extensive hands-on experience in the courtroom distinguishes him from other attorneys. Dan has a common-sense approach to facts and evidence that rings true to judges and juries. His broad experience in successfully resolving disputes, whether through informal discussion, mediation, or through trial, helps him provide accurate analysis to his clients so they can make informed business decisions.
Dan understands the impact of decisions clients must make, so he works closely with them to develop effective solutions to their problems. His experience as an attorney, his personal approachability, and his creative intelligence make him an exceptional advocate and resource for clients in Central Texas.
Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors, and Awards
- State Bar of Texas
- Member, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Super Lawyers ®, 2009 – 2023, Thomson Reuters
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, The University of Texas at Austin
- Master of Business Administration, St. Edwards University
- Bachelor of Arts, Southwest Texas State University
- Successfully defended to a jury local corporation in a bet the company lawsuit brought by former partner
- Successfully defended to a jury national chain in a premises fatality case
- Successfully prosecuted before a jury company for failure to honor its obligation to pay founder
- Successfully defended a municipality in a fatal use of force lawsuit
- Successfully tried to an arbitrator and a judge the only annexation case in Texas in the last 20 years
- Successfully represented elected officials in civil removal proceedings
- Successfully prosecuted before a jury national construction firm for damage to a pipeline
- Successfully defended a national pipeline company against government claims of encroachment