As a founding partner of Richards Rodriguez & Skeith LLP, David Rodriguez currently serves as outside general counsel to a number of technology companies and other growing middle-market businesses throughout the state of Texas.
Mr. Rodriguez’s practice focuses on business law, with a special emphasis on mergers and acquisitions and outside general counsel services for various types of business entities. David often helps CEOs and other C-suite executives with their ongoing legal needs and has also assisted companies in their fundraising efforts and exit transactions.
Having lived in Austin since 1983, David maintains deep roots in the Central Texas community and his years of involvement showcase his passion and pride for serving the Central Texas area. David’s community contributions include volunteering for Meals on Wheels and the Ronald McDonald House, along with holding active memberships in several organizations in and around Central Texas. David and his wife, Christine, have raised three boys in Austin and have been very involved in their extra-curricular activities.
After earning a Bachelor of Business Administration degree at the University of Texas at Austin, David served as a Revenue Agent for the IRS and had the unique opportunity to work on an assignment with the IRS Criminal Investigation Division. He became a licensed Certified Public Accountant in 1990 and enrolled in law school at the University of Texas at Austin thereafter.
Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors, and Awards
- State Bar of Texas, 1994
- Super Lawyers ®, 2014 – 2019, Thomson Reuters
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant, 1990
- Director, Texas Business Hall of Fame
- Avvo Rated
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Recognized, Latino American Who’s Who, 2013
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Austin International Business Group
- Member, Austin Technology Council
- Member, Texas Exes
- Member, The University of Texas McCombs School of Business Alumni Association
- Former Member, The Chief Legal Officer
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Zachary Scott Theatre Center
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, The University of Texas at Austin, 1994
- Bachelor of Business Administration, The University of Texas at Austin, 1987