Albert Carrion relies on his interdisciplinary skills as an intellectual property, business transaction and technology licensing lawyer to strategically guide clients seeking to develop and protect their technology, enter into commercial agreements to commence or expand business operations, and form alliances and partnerships to improve customer services. Albert routinely advises on general corporate matters and assists with mergers and acquisitions, particularly in the area of corporate due diligence.
An experienced trademark lawyer, he helps clients select, register, and protect brands that identify and distinguish their products and services. Albert enjoys assisting clients whether they are startups seeking to disrupt a market, later-stage technology companies developing new or improved products or services, or large institutions integrating new technology solutions to keep their competitive edge. Health care providers and higher education universities often seek his counsel to negotiate the licensing of enterprise technology contracts for electronic health records and data storage, IT outsourcing and online program management solutions. He serves as an outside general counsel for clients in various types of industries.
Albert met his wife while both were attending the University of Texas and raised their son (also a UT alumnus) in Austin. Together they enjoy Longhorn sports, traveling and Austin’s eclectic music scene. An avid runner and cyclist, he can frequently be found on the hike and bike trail along Lady Bird Lake and roaming the bike-friendly roads of Austin and surrounding areas.
Professional Licenses, Membership, Honors, and Awards
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- State Bar of Texas, Computer Law Section; Labor and Employment Section; Intellectual Property Section, Trademark Committee
- Austin Bar Association, Technology and Computer Law Section
- University of Texas Technology Law Conference, Planning Committee, 2012-2018
- Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest level of professional excellence
- Board of Regents, Concordia University Texas (Chair, 2014 – 2016)
- Leadership Austin Alumnus
- Board of Directors, Greater Austin Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Juris Doctor, University of Texas School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, University of Texas at Austin