Daniel Riegel is a highly-skilled litigator committed to helping clients including businesses, municipalities, and individuals solve problems efficiently and effectively.
As a partner at Richards Rodriguez & Skeith, LLP, Daniel represents clients in civil litigation, employment and labor law, business law, constitutional law, civil rights, government law and alternative dispute resolution.
Daniel is a former federal law clerk to the Honorable Colleen Kollar-Kotelly at the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, where he handled a complex array of disputes, including several high-profile cases involving the federal government. Daniel is also a former commercial litigation associate at a large international law firm in Washington, D.C. Speaking to his professionalism and career accomplishments, Daniel was selected by peers to Texas Rising Stars for 2019 and 2020.
As a native Texan with a passion for serving the community, Daniel is actively involved in several organizations in the Austin-area. He is a graduate of the 2019 Leadership Austin Essential Class and co-founded the Austin Triathlon Club. Prior to earning his law degree, Daniel served as an AmeriCorps volunteer in East Austin and helped build the education non-profit, College Forward.
Daniel earned his Jurisprudence from the George Washington University School of Law with highest honors and is a member of the Order of the Coif, an honor society for law school graduates. He also served as an editor on the GW Law Review and was awarded the Dean’s Certificate for Pro Bono Service.
Professional Licenses, Memberships, Honors and Awards
- State Bar of Texas, 2013
- Bar of the District of Columbia, 2014
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern, Southern, Western, and Eastern Districts of Texas
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Texas City Attorney’s Association
- Member, Texas Municipal League
- Order of the Coif
- Texas Rising Star, 2019, 2020
- Leadership Austin Essential Class, 2019
- President and co-founder, Austin Triathlon Club, 2017 – 2019
- Board of Directors, College Forward
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, George Washington University School of Law, Highest Honors, Order of the Coif, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, the University of Texas at Austin, High Honors, 2007